Andrew is an out-of-network provider for insurance companies, and is paid directly. Upon request, he may provide you with an invoice, so that you may obtain reimbursement from your insurance company for your therapy.
Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Harvard Pilgrim Healthcare, United Healthcare, United Behavioral Health, Tufts, GIC and others may reimburse a portion of the cost of treatment, but require that as a part of your policy you have out-of-network mental health benefits. Most HMO policies do not have these benefits while POS and PPO policies usually do. To learn more about your particular health insurance benefits, contact your health insurance company by calling the phone number for mental health or behavioral health on the back of your health insurance card.
You must specifically ask about:
1. Availability of out-of-network mental health benefits.
2. If you have an out-of-network mental health deductible. Is it individual or family?
3. Whether or not pre-authorization is required.
4. The number of sessions per year the insurance company will cover.
5. The amount they will reimburse you per session.